What we provide
- A fully equipped two man Canadian canoe (some boats have room for a child under 14 on centre seat)
- Automatic life jacket or bouyancy aid for each person.
- One large, heavy duty dry bag per canoe for spare clothes and personal kit.
- Waterproof poncho for each person.
- Two river guides, in their own canoe, who provide support all day.
- Drinks bottles (water or squash).
- Upper River tour (Saturday) – lunch at riverside pub.
- Tea & cake at the end of the tour.
- Use of large marquee with cooking & seating areas.
- Lower River tour (Sunday) – lunch at riverside pub, tea & cake at finish.
- Minibus transport to/from start & finish of trip.
What you need to bring:
- Comfortable clothes suitable for hot & cold weather (denim jeans get very cold when wet, so not recommended).
- Waterproof jacket (& trousers if you have them).
- Deck shoes/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet. We may need to get out and wade with the canoe through shallows, so beach/walking sandals are ideal.
- Sun hat, sunglasses & suncream.
- Thin gloves (to avoid blisters).
- Gripseal sandwich bags for wallets, carkeys.
- Spare clothes to put in the large dry bag.
- Thermos flask, camera, binoculars.